User-centric front end software engineer with experience working on large-scale projects on distributed teams. Passionate about open source, accessibility, and web performance.
Front End Software Engineer - Mozilla
Firefox is a privacy-focused open source web browser. Supported on Mac, Windows, and Linux.
- Entered existing codebase to take sole ownership in a large, in-progress redesign of Firefox’s New Tab Page, a surface that supports ~400 million daily sessions. Using React, Redux, Sass, Mocha.
- Partnered with product management, QA, UX and content designers to develop and execute a roadmap that balanced new features with ongoing product quality work.
- Triaged and tracked bugs using Bugzilla and Jira.
- Participant in diversity & inclusion initiative, Mozilla Inclusion Champions, which directly informed Mozilla’s engineering hiring and promotion practices.
- Refactored large parts of the Firefox front end to support new theming features.
mozilla.org is a large-scale, open-source Django web application that serves millions of users each day.
- Balanced fast-paced feature building with the maintenance and technical roadmapping of a long-term project.
- Wrote functional tests with Selenium and pytest. Behavioral unit tests with Jasmine and Karma.
- Used progressive enhancement best practices for cross-browser compatibility. Enhanced support for IE10+, with basic support for IE9 and below.
- Mentored and onboarded junior developers.
Conversion Rate Optimization
- Led engineering on the Conversion Rate Optimization team, experiments deployed within the first 6 months predicted to earn an additional 2.54 million desktop downloads per year.
Protocol Design System
protocol.mozilla.org is Mozilla’s modular web design system. Node.js platform, published to NPM.
- Built responsive and accessible web components using Sass CSS preprocessing.
Front End Web Developer - Pancake Creative
- Refactored legacy Angular application to React. Used Redux for state management.
- Delivered reusable components and stateful app features reflecting brand guidelines and user stories.
Vocational school for programmers. Specialized in Front End Web Development.
University of West Florida
BA, Graphic Design.
School of Visual Arts
BFA Graphic Design courses.